Tasty is our new content series where we will be taking you on a culinary adventure across the world. From the best local pig out spots, recipes, and complete 101 of a destinations local food culture. To kick things off, we’ve got a super simple and massively tasty Hummus recipe from Leila’s. An uber authentic Lebanese eatery that you simply have to try if you’re in town.
A bit about Leila’s Authentic Lebanese Cuisine
The food at Leila’s is top-notch. With a menu packed full of Lebanese treats, both savoury and sweet, light and heavy, but prepared fresh and downright delicious. If you want to read more about Leila’s, and how you can order their food, then click the link below.
What is Hummus Beiruti?
Hummus has to be one of the most famous middle eastern foods, loved by people from all over the world. This chickpea concoction is a super healthy and tasty snack option, that comes in many forms. The hummus Beiruti is a Lebanese style hummus, that is different due to the copious amounts of garlic that is added to enhance the already epic flavour.
The Ultimate Hummus Beiruti Recipe
Supermarkets everywhere sell Hummus, but the taste doesn’t quite cut the mustard. Honestly, the recipe is so simple that you shouldn’t even have to buy the store-bought crap. To create your own with a proper authentic flavour, the team at Leila’s Authentic Lebanese Cuisine have kindly shared a super simple Hummus Beiruti recipe for you to try.
- 3 cups of boiled chickpeas
- 1/2 cups of tahini
- 1/2 cups of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (if you’re not a fan, just remove the garlic)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Soak the chickpeas all night in water.
- After you’ve left them overnight, boil them on a low fire for 4 hours.
- When it has completely cooled down, drain the excess water and place the chickpeas in ingredients in the food processor. Process it for about 4-6 minutes depending on the power of the machine.
- Place it in the plate and drizzle olive oil and add a sprinkle of cumin on for a bit of a kick.
A big shout out to Leila’s for taking part in our very first post. We hope you enjoyed this recipe, and be sure to stay tuned we have some more mout-watering foodie content coming your way.